Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Protein Filled Breakfast Bombs


Protein Filled Breakfast Bombs

I struggle to get my child to eat a decent breakfast in the morning.  She's not a big fan of cereal or toast with peanut butter, and I don't have time on a school morning to fix a big breakfast.  I read about these "breakfast muffins" that you make in a cup with bacon and egg.  As I live in Istanbul, bacon is not really an option.  However we have this delicious smoky tasting "dana bacon" made with beef and shaved off in thin slices. So I lined some ramekins with the beef bacon, mixed up an egg and put that in.  Then tossed in the leftover salsa we had in the fridge and topped with some very tasty cheddar (brought back from a US trip!).  Put them in the oven et voila!  Protein Breakfast Bombs!  I ate one the other day and wasn't hungry at school until lunch time!
I"m thinking you could fill them with whatever you want!  (or more likely, whatever's left over in your fridge!)


PROTEIN FILLED BREAKFAST BOMBS
Ramekins or muffin tin sprayed with non stick spray
some kind of thinly sliced meat to line the ramekin or muffin cup
1 egg, mixed, per cup/ramekin
salsa (or other veg) to put on top of the egg
grated cheese

Layer the ingredients in the order they are listed.  Bake in the oven for 10-20 minutes or until egg is set to your liking.

We made a bunch in advance and will just take them out in the morning and microwave them for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment