Saturday, September 19, 2015

Angel Hair pasta with Tomato Basil Shrimp sauce


This meal came about as I had about 5 shrimp hiding in the corner of the bag that didn't make it into the boil pot and I discovered them after I drained the water off.  I almost just tossed them, but figured I could think up something to do with them.  So this made a small batch but of course you could make it larger by adding more ingredients.  (Especially you, Jane, since you love shrimp sooooo much!) ; )

Pasta - however much you want!

So, go ahead and start cooking your pasta, because this is a quickie!  And the ingredients are all aproximate as I just make it up as I go along.

olive oil - for the bottom of the pan
1 onion    -  chopped
1 tomato   - chopped
1 clove garlic - minced
3-4dried tomatoes in olive oil - chopped
salt
pepper
Italian seasoning - a couple of shakes
5-6  shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup       white wine
1/2 cup       cream


Chop one small or half a large onion.  Start sautéing it in a pan with a little olive oil.  As it is nearly soft, throw in a clove of garlic, finely minced.  Now add some salt, a little fresh ground pepper, and one tomato, chopped.  Go ahead and put the shrimp in and add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of white wine--it will cook off and the shrimp will be done in about 3 minutes.  Don't overcook or it will be tough!   I also threw in some chopped dried tomatoes in oil, because I happened to have some in the fridge. Now add about 1/2 cup of cream.  (I used milk because I didn't have cream--I like to convince myself it's lower calorie if I do that and stir around a abit.  Finally, throw a little fresh basil on the top.  I unfortunately didn't have any, but I put a little dried basil in the sauce so I got the flavor.)  Now drain your pasta and serve on a plate with the sauce on top.  Some garlic bread would have been pretty tasty, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment